A traditional wedding leading into a traditional reception may get…a little boring for your guests. Having different things to do at your wedding will liven it up. Here are 6 Wedding Reception Ideas to make your wedding even more amazing!
- Give your wedding a more authentic feel by hiring a DJ and a band that work hand in hand. Original music by the DJ + percussion music by the band. This gives your guests the feel of listening to live music!
- Have a dessert buffet line or a wine tasting area. This gives the chance for guests to engage and have fun. For the dessert buffet line think cupcakes, ice cream etc. Plus if you use a wine tasting area it may cost less than the original speciality bars.
- If your wedding reception is outside how about renting a local food truck company? Guests won’t have to pay, but are given a ticket to give to the vendor. This gives the food truck more advertising as well in the community.
- Hire dance instructors for your wedding. Most instructors are only hired for the bride and groom when they do their first dance as a married couple, but why not let your guests in on all the fun on the dance floor afterwards?
- Choose your favorite love poems and quotes and hand them out to guests during the reception.
- Assigned seating is usually a pain during reception time. Why not have a reception place set up without assigned seating so guests can move around and enjoy your wedding? Of course you may want to have close family and friends close to you so you can have a VIP table assigned for them.
Wow your wedding guests even more before the wedding by using WedTexts! You can send scheduled text message invites to your guests. Have an iPhone? Download our app at http://apple.co/lno8RMq. Create your FREE account today at www.wedtexts.com.